Thursday, May 24, 2012

So far it has been cold here and a lot of rain.  Yuk.  Better than snow.

No luck in the job search front.  Not even a nibble.  A few recruiters did ask for a copy of my resume from LinkedIn but that was that.  No other action.

I was talking to an ex-coworker a few days ago and a friend of hers met up with us.  She has heard how bad the age discrimination is in New York from a lot of people.

My daughter was in a car accident recently.  She was parked and a woman did an illegal u-turn and hit her.  The woman has a brand new BMW.  She got out her her BMW and said that she never hit my daughters car and then threatened that she will testify against my daughter in court.  Then she said she did not want police involvement or report it to her insurance.

I responded to the scene and took photos.  The woman was all freaky about the fact I took the pics.  Next thing you know the police showed up.  The woman did not want to give her info to the police for she was late for a luncheon.  Guess what?  Te police took her info and made a report.  Guess she was late.  Sucks for her.

The damage to my daughters car in minor.  But she now has spinal problems.  The woman's insurance will not step up to the plate and do the right thing so my daughter had to o through her insurance.  I really hate new York.

I am making more connections on Facebook.  I am starting to invite some people to connect with me on LinkedIn.  I hope that someone there really has some sort of network connection that can help land me a job in the Keys.  Never know.

But if something crops up here, I will need to go for it for I have to pay bills.  But if that KW job materializes....

'till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment