Sunday, July 15, 2012

Every family has one.  Yep you know what I am talking about, the one person that is always into something.  Mine is no different.  One of my kids was able to hack into my computers cache and found out about my Facebook name of "Tired Of Long Island."   I am careful about flushing the cache all the time but since I have several books on compute forensics here and everyone in the house knows that I've been studying it on my own it reasons to say that he was looking over the books when I was not around.

This kid should be a computer expert but seeing how my last employer screwed me over has no love for it.

So instead of closing down the FB account especially since I am making connections in the Keys I change the name of the account to "East Egg Bill" and tightened the privacy settings.  I will loosen those up in a few weeks back to normal.

As far as why am I still not using my real name?  You will need to read a previous posting in my blogs as to why.  Let's just summarize it up as to prevent internal problems. 

Heat wave number four is upon us, that is three or more days of 90 degree weather in a row. Thankfully our area has never been effected with brown outs. But the air conditioners in the house just cannot keep up with the heat. I shudder to think what the LIPA bill will be. It was horrendous last year but at least I was working.

Now I need to ask, and most likely will not get an answer, what is summer like in the Keys? Is it hot and muggy like in New York? At least the Keys are surrounded by water which gives ample opportunity for ocean winds to cool the area. But I really don't know. It would be nice to find out.

NYC DOT announced that they are going to be doing major repairs on the Hamilton Bridge starting tomorrow. That will create serious traffic problems on the GW Bridge for many years to come. The mayor of Fort Lee NJ is not happy for the traffic could spill over into the city and create more traffic problems for the.
Knowing how NY runs things, they are most likely are not going to do the work very smart. That is you do as much of the work after 9PM as possible when traffic is at the lowest so not to interfere with work day traffic. But this is New York.

Wells Fargo Bank ripped us off. They took over $1,500 from us illegally and are not going to return it. I'll need to write more in a later entry. According to MSN Money they rate as number 6 for the worst customer service. I am giving the a tie with Bank of America. But as far as with our problem let's say I am going to complain to the SEC, IRS, NYS Attorney General (now that is a waste of time), the Nassau County Consumer Affairs Office (another waste of time), and maybe Arnold Diaz.  Forget about the BBB, that is a true waste and they have no legal powers.  I'll need to give some more details later.

Job searching is still at a stand still.  The most recent was that recommendation from one of my LinkedIn / FB connections.  He did say you never know so it is worth a gamble.

Anyway I need to get ready to go to church.

'till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment