Friday, July 13, 2012

Week 17 of being unemployed has started so far nothing. I've been reaching out to numerous recruiters and not one has been able to find me work. I am not surprised for I have never really had much confidence in them. Especially after what happened at my last job.

The company wanted me to have an assistant so they reached out to a major recruiting firm. Eventually they hired me an assistant who was 26yrs old. Next thing you know this kid kissed the right ass, made up lies, made statements that he was not qualified to make. Needless to say he went after and got my job.

Not long after I was terminated during my fruitless job search my resume wound up on the recruiting agent that sent the punk to my company. He claims that he was shocked at what happened and felt that he was responsible. Of course he is making no effort to find me work again.


As you can figure I am really soured by recruiters. I would like to see one of them step up to the plate and help me get another job.


One of my LinkedIn connections so happens to be a FB Friend reached out to me with a lead in the Keys.  I followed up on it but so far I have not heard anything.


I was driving to the store yesterday and was cut off by a school bus.  I followed the driver and she ran several stop signs and then a red light.  I was trying to get a video of it on my iPhone but was unable to do so.  I will need to get a bracket so I can mount it on the dash facing out.  This way I would be prepared if this happens again, which it will.  From there maybe not only send the company the video but post it on You Tube as well.


I see it a lot around here, school buses running stop signs and red light.  Taxis are the next biggest culprits in a tie with people in high end luxury cars.  By my house there is a stop sign and I cannot tell you how many cars go through it on a daily basis and the police around here make no effort in putting a stop to it.


I am still keeping my fingers crossed on landing a job in the Keys.  I am also going to restart the plans to take some time and go there.  The last ones where shot to hell and back again in June.  Maybe this time it will work out?


Anyway, it is Friday the 13th and the start of week 17 of not having a job.  Maybe it will be a lucky day.


'till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment