Friday, September 7, 2012

It has been six months since I was terminated from my position as CTO and replaced by a much younger person. Six months of being stripped of my dignity, six months of feeling useless, six months of sending out resumes with no interviews.

My unemployment is about to run out. I have no idea if I can get extended benefits or not. I inquired the state about it but all I get is silence. So I really have no idea what is going to happen. I guess I will be dropped from the unemployment roles thereby making the stats for the state clook better. The more people they can drop the lower the reported unemployment rate is.

I have applied to numerous positions in Florida with no response. A lot of times I see the same ad repeated for weeks on end. Makes me wonder if it is a legit job or not. I have no idea.

I get lip service from recruiters. At least those few that responded back. Not one of them has lifted a finger to place me as far as I can tell. I don't think I will answer ads from them orcreach ou to anymore of them. So far in my lifetime of business they have been a total waste of my time and energy.

So far the only tech job that I found n the Keys was at the Dolphin Research Center. It was right up my alley. A perfect fit. I sent them my resume and I got back a rejection form letter. They never spoke to me.

I have to wonder if it is because I am currently in New York is the reason I am not getting hits in Florida? But before I relocate I want to secure a position. Why jump from the frying pan into the fire?


I am slowly but surely gathering information to answer my questions from a few posts ago. Most of it is coming from government websites. I have to remain skeptical of the data from them. Partly it could have been adujusted and not give the full and complete picture but mostly because government sites are often way out dated with the data they display. At least it is a start.

I still wish that a few people from FB would respond to my survey. But for now, data mining.

'till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment