Sunday, April 1, 2012

Good Sunday morning.

It is 45 outside right now and the sky is overcast.  Not nice at all.  Looking at the Hog's Breath I see it is a wonderful 77 and a nice breeze is blowing.  Going to Sloppy Joe's again I see the street all wet.  I posted earlier about that and figured it was someone going hose happy washing down things.

I found another website with webcams and some of these you can control.  Cool.  On one of them I was able to look up and down Duval Street not far from the famous Sloppy Joe's and saw that the street and sidewalks were wet as if it rained over night.  I went to a webcam that is on the very end of Duval and there was no sign of left over rain.  Even on a few others.  The mystery continues.  Does it rain there nightly or is it hose happy people, or street cleaners using a ton of water?

Here we have a long stretch of road know as Roslyn West Shore Road.  It used to be a drag strip when I was growing up.  We would take our cars and race on the street.  No one bothered us, not even the police.  To this day it is still pretty open.  There is an industrial section and toxic waste site on one end and town beaches of the other.  There have been times when we were driving along the road in pouring rain and in a heart beat there was nothing, only the tracks from wet tires.

Not a drop anywhere else like we drove through some sort of rain portal.  Could Duval be like that?  It will rain in one area and the rest of Key West be bone dry?  It is interesting in how weather works.

Today is more house cleaning.  I didn't get very far yesterday, I was not feeling well and still am under the weather.  So let's see how far I can get today.

Plus like the other days, I am sending out more resumes.  Not only from the job sites but am going to print and mail out a bunch.

I received a letter from the DOL demanding that I show up in one of their office to register for their services.  If you remember from a previous post I did that already.  I think these are the papers I was told about when I made my first inquiry with them.  They are a real waste of time and energy for they do very little to nothing to help you get back to work except to remind you that you have no job.  Welcome to new York.

Anyway time to get moving.
'till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment