Saturday, March 31, 2012

Got up late today.  Just could not get moving.  It is cold, about 40 and raining.  A good day to stay under the covers.  By the webcam at the Hog's Breath it is a glorious 81.  Looking at Sunset Pier it looks like a storm is moving in.  Looks like they moved the stage there last night.  I also meant to mention that it I do not see the yellow garbage cans in front of Sloppy Joe's.

I re-worked my resume and am going to give that a try.  So far I am not having much luck but I have to keep in the back of my mind that the job market is horrible and for someone my age it is worse than that.

I played the Lotto last night.  $540 Million.  No one hit it.  It will probably be around $600 Million on the next drawing.  The media makes it look like that there are lines around the block to get a ticket.  I've never seen that here.  Maybe one or two ahead of me once in a while no matter how large the jackpot it.  Gotta love the NY media.

The rest of the day I am thinking about doing some cleaning and going through a lot of things.  Make room and re-organize.  Something to keep my mind off of not having a job.

Tomorrow is Palm Sunday.  We are drawing a close to Lent.  I am not one for following Lent for I do not like anyone telling me what to eat and when.  And it is no sin to eat meat on Friday's.  It it was  a sin then why did the Cardinal say it was OK to eat corned beef on St. Patty's Day several years ago?  I am no theologian but I've never seen that eating meat on any Friday is a sin.  But there are those in the house that like to follow Lent to the letter.  So that is my suffering which will soon be over.

This year the snow has been very good, not much at all and after next week I can say that the snow season is officially over.  Why next week?  I remember a blizzard in the first week of April a few years ago.

Anyway, I have to get moving.
'till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment