Monday, March 12, 2012

This is the first day without a paycheck or having to rush into work.  It is not a good feeling, not by a long shot.  I need to come up with a game plan in how to attack this.  And with the way ageism is today, I will need to be aggressive to hell and back.

A lot of ideas in the back of the head.  A makeover so to speak to hide my age.  More on that later.  Rework my resume, create a rough schedule as to when to do things.  Must include "me time", that is take an hour and work out a bit, go for a walk or something along those lines.

Today I have to go in to see my lawyers first.  I need to talk over the situation with them.  I did get an email from one of the lawyers at the company acting as a friend and not as an attorney, he and I used to B.S. all the time, and he advises not to speak to a lawyer.  Why?

One of the other staff members called last night and she was beside herself in grief over what happened.  I am sure others are like that there as well.  I know that there are a few, one or two not including the idiot are happy that I am gone.  Real pieces of work.

Vendors have come to me and have said that my boss was the most unprofessional executive that they have ever met.  She uses the 'F' word like water, makes people duck under their desks, has made racial comments, demands that you jump when she speaks.  Makes you wonder how she got so far.  Probably by being a bully.

One of the reasons that the New York State Healthy Workplace Bill needs to be signed into law.  To put a stop to people like her.  It would be nice if it would be retroactive.

It is 48 here now and 75 in the Keys.  It is going to hit the mid 60's here and I bet near 80 where I would love to be.  Any computer jobs down there?

I've been toying with an idea and that is to take a tour, street by street of Key West through Google Streetview and post what I find.  Especially since I saw that there are more bars than you could ever imagine.  Might be an interesting read.  It would not be all at once of course, but maybe a street or two every other post?  Have to remember that I have no idea how old the images are on Google Streetview.

Anyway, time to get up and get started on my first day on being unemployed.

'till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment