Saturday, March 10, 2012

My job has ended

Yesterday as soon as I walked into the office my nasty boss called me into her office and had the HR lapdog join us. Next thing you know I was terminated after six years of hard working and loyal service. The official reason, and this is to keep them out of court is that they have outsourced my department. The truth is that they replaced me with my idiot assistant who is half my age.

He did say he wanted my job. And the CEO and my boss did say they wanted me to train him to be my replacement a few months back. Earlier when the CEO started he held a company wide meeting and did say the he wanted to bring in young blood to replace the older people that were there.

The package given was pathetic at best. If I sign it, I waive my right to go after them for age discrimination and for the slanderous remarks the idiot said about me. If I do not sign it, I will lose everything including the COBRA. I am going to have to talk to a lawyer next week.

I was not allowed to say goodbye to anyone afterwards. But I did get the chance to see a few people in the downstairs lobby. The tears started to flow. One woman did say that this is the beginning of the end of the company. This year alone I was the sixth person over 45 that was terminated. More while follow, so she was right.

I was not too surprised by what happened. The hand writing was on the wall a long time ago. I already cleared out my desk. Now all the is left is for them to accept the return of company property and sign off on that. They also have to remove my software from their systems as well. I already transferred the one of the applications that was in my name to them and when done cc'd HR and the company lawyer.

Anyway I could not sleep last night and I've been up since 2AM. So time to get started with my extended vacation and make looking for a new job a full time job.  I really would love to be able to land a computer support / network engineering one in the Keys.  Right now there does not seem to be any there.

'till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment