Sunday, March 11, 2012

Today the clocks were moved up 1 hour.  A normal facet of life that we do every year.  The news media seems to make a big deal over it.  Guess that is because they have nothing better to do.

It is supposed to be a nice day here, in the mid 60's.  But I still would rather be in the Keys regardless.

I had a call from a former co-worker who learned about my termination.  He was beside himself with grief.  Even he sees that they are getting rid of everyone over 45.  He says that it is now a matter of time before he gets it.

There is no denying that the company is practicing age discrimination.  In the separation agreement in big bold capitalized letters they want me to agree not to go after them for age discrimination.  How much of a confession do you want?  But still I will need an attorney to go over it in any case.  It may pay just to sign off on it to get the pathetic package instead of court battles that can last years.

I reached out to a few contact that I dealt with on a routine basis and now they are turning their back to me.  Guess they do not want to be associated with a person that brought them loads of money over the years after being terminated.  Is that loyalty or what?  Welcome to New York.

Talking with some friends we all agree now comes the black balling, they will blame me for anything and everything.  Even my idiot assistant could get things done right, like something simple like inventory.  I am sure they will blame me for that as well.  I've seen this before at other jobs.  When a person is let go, they blame what ever they can on them and I've seen some places make up stuff and falsify things just so they can get back at the discharged person.  I would not doubt this place would do that as well.

Today I move forward on getting my game plan in order.  Concentrate heavily on targeting companies to send my resume out to, look for job fairs (although to me they are a waste of time), comb places like Craig's List and what have you.  I will have to set aside several hours a day and allocated them just for the purpose.  An hour in the papers, an hour on job boards and what have you.

One thing that needs to be done, there is a bill in the state lobby called the Healthy Workplace Law.  It is designed to stop bullying in the workplace by bosses like what I've had to deal with.  I urge anyone and everyone in New York to write to their local legislator and demand that the bill be put into law.  There is no reason why an employee needs to fear for their jobs from a tyrant.

'till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment