Monday, March 19, 2012

Another day of being unemployed is almost over.  I sent out a dozen resumes today from some jobs sites.  Nothing was too interesting in the Sunday papers.  I also posted again on Craig's List for a job in the Keys.  You never know.

It was about 70 here today with 80 at the Hogs Breath.  And they were hopping.  They forecast that tomorrow will have rain.  Thursday it should be 80 here.  But I would rather 80 in Key West any day.

I had to go into the attic to put the heavy coats away and the wasps were out.  One of them went after me.  But that didn't last too long for there was a can of spray that I blasted them with.  In the spring and summer our attic gets filled with those vile creatures.

We opened the rest of the windows here to let in fresh air.  Along with the air comes the sounds of what I call the pocket rockets.  These are small cars that have been modified for street racing.  You can hear them miles away with their loud high pitched exhaust noise.


When I was younger we had real muscle cars on the road with the deep throaty sounds of blue printed 305 Chevy's, 454's, 427's, 409's , 426 Hemi's, 351's, 302's and the rest of the great iron.


  Unlike the kids of today, we never raced through neighborhoods and were respectful of those around us and on the road.  Today you get cut off by these idiots who only think they know how to drive.

I was in contact with a friend who was fired from the company two weeks before me.  He is not having a good go of it either.  But he an I agree that at least we can get a few things done around the house.  He finally is agreeing to the fact that it was all age discrimination.  Amazing that companies can get away with it.

Tonight is movie night.  Wonder what we will watch?

I still yearn for that job in the Keys.

'till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment