Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday it is 47 and overcast here.  I had to run an errand at 6:30AM and it started to drizzle a bit.  Yuk.  We had to kick in the heat and it was weird for we had it off for about 2 weeks already.  Looking at the webcam at the Hog's Breath is was 76 and a light breeze was blowing.  The cam as Sloppy Joe's showed it was clear.  Going to Mallory Square I saw only a few clouds.  It look like another great day in the Keys.

Yesterday I was watching the cam at Sunset Pier.  OK they were hopping with business.  Later that day the cam was in a different position.  Are they mixing it up a bit?  Then last night the cam was back in it's normal position.  Guess someone bumped it.

Looking at Mallory Square I watched a cruise ship dock.  I am so used to see tug boats push ships into dock here in NY.  But there they had two tenders grab the lines and bring them to shore. 

Today I am thinking about targeting a few Florida job sites.  I hope one of them lands me a job in the Keys.  I know that there are some problems as compared to here, like the local flooding when there is a high tide, houses on stilts with small to no yards at all except in the high end areas, and loads of bars, no industry except hospitality (so far from what I've seen) but each time I look at the cams (wish there were more folks) I really would love to be there.

I think the blogs I read from there don't help much either.  The photos from Key West Diary are great and really makes me want to pack up now.

After hitting the Florida sites I have no choice but to work on New York - Yuk.

We were talking about the results of Whitney's autopsy.  A real crying shame.  She was stoned, most likely passed out, fell into the tub and drowned.  This should be a wake up call.  How many stars were killed by drugs?  She was not the first and unfortunately will not be the last.  We need better programs to help these people and tougher laws to impose on dealers.  But that will not happen unless Washington takes a firm hard core stand against drugs instead of being so candy-assed about it.

 I've been putting this one chore off...taxes.  Going to have to work on them later today and into the week.  A total waste of time, all that paperwork.   I don't understand something, they took the money from us already and have it in their banks and they want us to tell them how much they took or should have?  Does not make sense.  Look, just take the tax money and leave me alone.  No amount of paperwork we do will change it.

Anyway, I need to get moving.
'till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment