Monday, May 16, 2011

5/16/11 - Cold wet Monday

Woke up to another cold and wet Monday.  I really hate this weather.  Wish it was warm all year round, but never on Long Island.

Stopped off for a donut this morning. The town parking lot is divided into commuter parking and metered parking.  Obviously I went to the metered parking.  There was a cop parked at the other side of the parking lot in their new hot rod Dodge Charger.

The meters in the parking lot have a button when you push it you get a free 10 minutes of parking. So I pushed it to get the free minutes and went into the donut shop.  No sooner than I went in the cop raced to where I was parked and made sure that the button was pushed.  He even parked behind my car thinking that I would be longer than the 10 minutes to give me a ticket.  Talk about desperate.  I was out in 4 minutes with plenty of time to spare.  He was not happy.

There is a woman here in the office that goes to lunch with me from time to time.  She wanted to go on Friday but I had to run out to the house.  So today we are going to lunch together.  Nice woman, great personality, pleasant person.  And she is cute too.  I feel bad for her, she lost her husband a year ago to a bad accident.  That didn't slow her down.  Strong woman.  I almost think that she has an eye out for me.  Cool.

We are going to have a sexual harassment lecture later this week.  OMG.  Talk about a waste of time.  With the way that crap is going today it is no wonder why they have them.  A lot of people are sue happy and this helps to try and stop or lower the amount of lawsuits.  But one of the big problems with these kinds of lectures, it gives nut jobs ideas.  We had this lecture two years ago and it did give a nut job an idea.  She made up a false complaint on someone here.  The investigation lasted three months and it turned out that she made up the whole thing.  The way the laws are written she was able to get away with it and nothing could be done about it.  Welcome to New York.

Time to get back to work.

'till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment