Tuesday, October 9, 2012

It is obvious that we are going to have to move out of Nassau County soon.  With the property tax hikes of up to 30% and school taxes jumping close to 12% we will not be able to afford to live here. I most certainly do not want to live in New York any longer.

Part of my job search as an executive is hoping that I could get some sort of relocation assistance.  Right off the bat the image of giving several thousand to someone to move hits ones mind.  But in my case not so.  I ask for some help in relocating, that  is all and here are some options.  And these are not deal breakers, just icing on the cake if you will.

It could be a lead to an apartment that we can live in for a few months until we get a more permanent place to live.  This could include subsidized rent or not.

If the company as one access to an apartment for a few months.  In my past company we had an apartment that we put up various CFO's in rent free until they became established.

Maybe even a partial on renting a truck to move.  I have never used a moving company in my life and would rather pack, load, drive the truck and unload myself.   Not only is that a cost savings, but at least it is done the way I want and not be held hostage to an unregulated industry where people have been ripped off.

Or let's go crazy, all expenses paid with an apartment and a stipend.  Right dream on Bill, dream on.  Yet my last company did just that with each new CFO so it really is not as far fetched as you might think.  But I am not that greedy.

I mean there are options and I am always open to options.  But first I need a lead or two on a new job in the Keys and hope to get an interview then an offer.

Right now in East Egg the temperature is 54 degrees and rain, lots of cold rain.  Looking at the Hog's Breath Saloon, it is a glorious 84.

'till next time.

Map

No comments:

Post a Comment