Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Nightmare in NJ

I was watching the TV the other day and saw a story on some animal who took a car, hit a woman and ran her over. Not just once, but several times. After the woman was dead the driver drove off. I am using the term animal for what else can you call someone like that? The guy was the woman's boy friend.

The news also went into how they are going to close some Nassau County Police stations. That is a big mistake right off the bat. The problem is that the Nassau County Police is the second highest paid police departments in the country with Suffolk being the first. That is where the problem lies. It is no wonder why Mineola is considering closing police stations and laying off cops. Now I am not saying that we should pay the police next to nothing, but the salaries should be more in line with the rest of the country.

I saw that on the Duval Street Crowd cam you can see the images using an iPhone. Thank you HTML 5 and quick time! Now if the web designers can incorporate that with the other websites for Key West. So on Tuesday I setup my iPad and was able to watch some of the traffic of people and cars in front of Sloppy Joe's in Key West.

I was going over my older posts and saw so many typos...OMG. A lot is because I use an iPad without a keyboard. I have a Bluetooth keyboard as well and use it once in a while, but my hands are so large and the keys are so small...and to add insult to injury, I go so fast my fingers get tied up and trip over each other. Figure that one out.

I wanted to do some observing again last night but the clouds moved in.

We were to get some rain / snow but that has not happened so far. Keeping my finger crossed that we do not get any more snow this year.

Still looking for that magical job offer to move to the Keys...hint, hint, hint...

I figured that I am going to expand my search to the other islands in the Keys. From what I have seen so far there really is not much in the way of industry in Key West. But maybe one of the hotels or other companies might still want a high end computer tech. Not giving up yet.

Anyway it is going to be another day in this wonderful job that I have.

'till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment