Friday, April 8, 2011

4/8/11 - The end of the week

Getting to the end of a long week.  I cannot wait for it to be finally over.

Thursday was very unique.   The woman that made a slanderous remark about me went after one of my assistants.  She told him that she was the boss and in charge of what goes on with the computers.  Mind you she is only a bookkeeper.  Nothing more and nothing less.  Part of her job is to be the admin of a hosted program.  Period.  And she guards that like a hawk.

One of the women here came up to me this morning in a panic.  Her computer was hit by a virus at home.  She was so sick I had to hold her hands to stop her from shaking.  So I had to go there after work to fix it.

Now Friday is here, the end of the week. I am glad it is over. Only a few more hours and I am out of that hell hole of a job for two days.

Looking outside it looks like another damp day. At least I will be indoors.

There is a big project I need to address today as well. I just might keep my office door closed to concentrate on it. I get too many interruptions during the day but will be damned if I work at night on it.  But you never know.  I need the job.

Saw that Google Earth has a new way of incorporating Street View.  Now they bring back the little man icon that you drop onto the streets.  Instead of using the mouse to move around you can use the arrow keys on the keyboard.  Almost like a virtual car.  But it has problems. Since they are piecing individual photos into a 'seamless' photo you get these stretched out images where the breaks in the images have been pieced together.  Not bad but has a way to go.

I used it on Key West for a tour of a few streets.  I have to admit that I am getting more and more disappointed at the prospects of moving down there.  Houses crammed close together, no yards many newer houses are on stilts.  For the few streets that I've seen there is no industry.  At least nothing that would require my talents and skills.  I think the largest employer there is the power company.  There are tons of hotels and clubs.  But I am not in the hospitality industry.

But I will keep on checking the place out.

'till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment