Friday, April 22, 2011

4/22/11 - This is not spring!

It has been cold over the past few days. This is not spring by a long shot. I am glad we didn't start the spring clothing change over. Someone has to tell the powers that be winter is over and done with.

Haven't posted on Craigs List in a few days.

The more I learn about Key West is making me re-think about going there. Maybe I should target another part of the country where it never snows.

I'm still not happy at the job. I am so tired of dealing with morons with their heads shoved up their butts. But there are no jobs on Long Island. We have to be as bad as what I am learning about the Keys. I am sure I could get a job flipping burgers for $10 an hour. But that does not come close to what I earn now, not even close. "C" level jobs are beyond hard to get. So I have to deal with the self-important jerks.

Had a doctors appointment in Manhasset, a slight drive from where we live but we've been going to him for sometime. Great doctor, knows his stuff not only that a great personality too. That is very important. Anyway I pass 3 Nassau County police cars parked next to each other with the cops in the talking away. It was obvious it was a b.s. session. You see it all over. Everyone stops what they are doing just to b.s. Nothing wrong with that.

The appointment ran over an hour, things at the doctor got backed up from some issue earlier on. It happens. Left his office, stopped off for a cup of coffee and headed back home. Real exciting stuff. But what is interesting is that when I passed the spot where the cops were, they were still their. No one moved. More of our taxed hard at work.

I've even come across cops dozing in their cars at night. Great protection we have.

Went to the theater last night. The performance was outstanding. But the dinner before hand sucked. Seems like whenever you eat out in NYC you should eat at home first. They put very little on your plate and charge you a fortune for it. But that is NYC for you. Over pricing is the specialty.

It is Good Friday today and the office should be quiet. I need the break. But I am going home early myself. Why not? With the way I am respected there I might as well take advantage of it. Maybe I'll hit Monster dot com or a few other sites like that during the quiet but then again I just might be busy.

'till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment